"The idea is to take care of your family and have enough left
over to buy books and go to the movies once a week. As a goal in life,
getting rich strikes me as fairly ludicrous. The goal is to do what God
made you for and not hurt anyone if you can help it.
When I finished writing The Woman Who Attracted Money, the first in a series of 12 Robert Chance mysteries, I found a wonderful office in Chandler, Arizona, (I liked the name of the town, for some unknown reason), so I could get back to coaching people.
My office complex has training rooms, conference rooms and is perfect for meeting with people in person and helping them learn to do what God made them for. What did God make them for?
Certainly not to be obsequious. Or to polish apples or lick boots.
Those are the first things to coach out of the system.
Meanwhile people are writing from all over with strange questions about The Woman Who Attracted Money. Am I Robert Chance? Is Steve Hardison Robert Chance? Is Kathy Madison Kerr? And, what is the recipe for those wonderful orange almond cookies that Madison has on a plate on her front porch that night?
Orange and Almond Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 16 to 20 large cookies.
If you prefer a less sweet cookie, you can reduce the white sugar by one-quarter cup, but you will lose some crispness.
Do not over bake these cookies.
The edges should be brown but the rest of the cookie should still be very light in color. Parchment makes for easy cookie removal and cleanup, but it’s not a necessity. If you don’t use parchment, let the cookies cool directly on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
2 sticks unsalted butter (1/2 pound), softened but still firm
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
3 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1 cup chopped almonds, toasted in a 350-degree oven for 5 minutes
1. Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions; heat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
2. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together, then stir them into butter-sugar mixture with wooden spoon or large rubber spatula. Stir in oats, orange zest, and almonds.
3. Form dough into sixteen to twenty 2-inch balls, placing each dough round onto one of two parchment paper–covered, large cookie sheets. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes. (Halfway during baking, turn cookie sheets from front to back and also switch them from top to bottom.) Slide cookies on parchment onto cooling rack. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
* * * * *
Coming Events and Open Opportunities:
1. Steve Chandler Apprentice: There is an opening for my next apprentice. For someone who wants to work with me for a year and learn everything, all the seminars, all the workshops, all the keynotes, all the coaching processes, all the intellectual properties (become the property of the apprentice, too.) You have to really want to work closely with me for a year, receive really in-depth coaching from me on How to Sell Yourself, so that you'll succeed when we are finished, and it would help if you had a book started or in mind that I could help you finish during this year.
Email me personally if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The New Coaching Prosperity School in January. We will take seven coaches...four are already signed up so three spots remain. If you are a coach email me AND go here for further info: http://www.stevechandler.com/CoachingSchool.html; (Move quickly.)
3. Come experience Steve Chandler speaking LIVE at a public event in Salt Lake City! Come and boldly step up and help take the lead in "Creating the New Economy! It's a day of transforming uncertainity into new possibilities (instead of cowering down to the economy). In addition to 3 the transformational speakers: Steve Chandler, Stephen McGhee and Darby Checketts, there are many Chandler fans (and coaching school grads) flying in from all over the country! Join us www.ThriveInUtah.com - contact Julie Blake for more details Julie@GotCourage.com.
"Transcending the limitations of mind is not possible for dreamers who are
addicted to concepts and intellectual abstractions - only to warriors and
lovers of truth who are ready to merge with the ecstatic fire of Now."
If there is to be a revolution that saves America from its angry stand-off between liberals and conservatives, it must occur in the individual, not through new legislation and grants. People think revolution has to be about an angry swollen mob storming the castle. It's best done inside one single human's mind.
A mind shift is an internal revolution on a subtle level. A person moves from one state of mind to another.
Club Fearless is for people who want the shifting to happen continuously, and not just in those rare inspired moments: